Craft That Party: New Year, New Grab N' Go Organization!

Monday, January 12, 2015

New Year, New Grab N' Go Organization!

This is a sponsored post on behalf of Wayfair, but my opinions and commentary are entirely my own.

I am a little nervous to share this with you all. In all my years of blogging, I have never posted pictures of my closets. When Wayfair asked me to chat about closet organization, I knew this was the perfect opportunity to get my most unwieldy closet under control. I really had no idea how bad it was until I started pulling everything out.



  This is a truly untouched "before" photo of my utility closet. We shoved things in this closet when we moved in last March and never took the time to organize it. This utility closet is located in my laundry room. It is perfect for my cleaning supplies, light bulbs, paper towels, and other daily essentials. When we designed this closet I wanted shelving on the right and open room on the left for brooms and mops. As you can see the broom side really needed a wall mounted broom holder.


STEP ONE: Empty the closet. I sorted the massive mess into keep and trash piles.



Apparently, I hoard cleaning supplies.


And worse, I hoard empty bottles of cleaning supplies.



Now that the closet is a clean slate, here is how I organized it. 

STEP TWO: GRAB N' GO ORGANIZATION... Okay, I am pretty proud of myself for thinking of this idea. I hooked my most essential cleaning supplies right on the top shelf. So easy to grab n' go clean! I also placed things I use/need most at easy to reach places. Things I do not use as often were placed on the highest and lowest shelves.


My mops and brooms are much happier on the wall mounted holder. Notice my darling new burlap bins? I seriously love the chalkboard tags. They help me keep items organize and labeled. My new bins and wood boxes both have plastic liners inside so I am not worried about leaks or debris getting on them.


Ta-Da! A cleaner, more ogranized space.


Shop This Look from Wayfair
Here are the items that helped me get organized:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips