Craft That Party: Healthy Dinner Ideas: Walmart Smithfield Marinated Pork

Monday, November 3, 2014

Healthy Dinner Ideas: Walmart Smithfield Marinated Pork

“This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Smithfield®, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #PutPorkontheMenu http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV



It's the start of a new basketball season in our house. This means Monday night meals must be quick, easy, and healthy for my little hoopsters. I've got an hour and a half from the time the bus drops them off to get homework done, eat dinner, change clothes, and get them to the basketball court. Anyone else have trouble juggling at that?!!

 
 
Here's how I got it all done. Monday morning I picked up a Smithfield Marinated Pork, frozen edamame beans, mushrooms, and quinoa while shopping at Wal-Mart. About an hour before the kids get home, I throw the pork loin in the oven to roast. It's already perfectly marinated, so no fuss there. So simple. It cooks while we get homework done and before you know it, it's time to eat and go!
 
My kids love edamame beans. Yes, I said it. They love something green and healthy. I've included my secret recipe below. I promise, it's a winner!
 
 
Parmesan Edamame Beans Recipe
 
Ingredients:
 
Frozen sea salt edamame beans
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 tablespoon olive oil
 
Directions: Microwave beans as directed on bag. When cool, shell edamame beans. Discard the pods. Mix beans and all other ingredients together. Bake for 25 minutes at 350.  

 
One can never have enough mushrooms, so I sauteed mushrooms to put on top of my portobello mushroom pork loin. Then I made my quinoa as directed on the bag. In no time, I've pulled together a healthy, easy meal for my family. 
 

My 8 year old said that this was his favorite meal ever and asked if I could pack it for his school lunch the next day. I'd say this meal was a huge success!

While supplies last you can receive a seventy five cents ($.75) off ONE (1) Smithfield Marinated Pork product coupon by visiting here.

For additional recipe ideas, visit the Smithfield Website, Smithfield Facebook, on Instagram, and Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips