Craft That Party: CelebraTORI moment: An Open Letter to a Special Mom

Friday, May 17, 2013

CelebraTORI moment: An Open Letter to a Special Mom

An open letter to a special mom:

Sometimes life brings you down an unexpected path,
or paths cross with unexpected people.
My friendship with notorious DIYer, and mompreneur Tori was one of those
unexpected blessings.

Yes, I saved a screen shot of Tori's shout out to me on Twitter after we first chatted!

She received Mother of the Year Award from Cedars-Sinai and The Helping Hand and celebrated 40 all in the same week.
I couldn't be more proud and honored to have such a passionate, creative, and hard working role model.


In her acceptance speech, Tori talks about the moms she meets every day that inspire her.
This brought me to tears.
Yes, a known side effect of mommyhood. We do tend to get (overly) emotional.
Motherhood makes us experience everything in life with greater sensitivity, heightened awareness.
Motherhood is universal, despite how differently we all may live.

She is my hero, as she truly walks the walk and talks the talk.
Thank you Tori for all the opportunities you have given me.
You graciously opened your ediTORIal doors to me,
and offered kind words and advice when they were needed.
You send meaningful, hand written thank you notes.
And you find ways to connect with and inspire moms everywhere.
Wishing you the happiest of birthdays,
I think your first 40 years were pretty amazing,
but the best is yet to come.

Thank you T for so openly and honestly sharing your life with all of us... the proud moments, the crafty ones, the rumor filled ones, and your everyday mommy ones.

Your friend,
Jenny

1 comment:

  1. My brother recommended I might like this web site.
    He was totally right. This post actually made my day.
    You cann't imagine simply how much time I had spent for this information! Thanks!

    Feel free to surf to my webpage ... Abercrombie Pas Cher

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips